Re: Running Debian on a MacBookPro12,1

On Friday, 12 May 2017 18:36:11 CEST Martin Diz wrote:
> 1- If somebody already have installed Debian on this device WITHOUT keeping
> a copy of macOS

No, I've kept MacOS, in order to be able to update the firmware. Which was
useful by the way to solve an issue my previous firmware had, that prevented
the integrated usb keyboard and trackpad from work properly.

> 2- If anyone that is running this setup can list what is
> not working (such as function keys, hibernate, etc..)

I tried hard, but I didn't manage to make hibernate work. So I just suspend
and I'm happy with it.

> 3- How much the battery will last? can we get ~8hrs running Debian?

No, it doesn't last 8 hrs if you use it. I didn't measure, because I usually
don't use it continously, but I would say 5 hrs? I depends on what you do
though.

> Basically since Stretch is frozen now, I would love to wipe MacOS and
> replace it with stretch as soon as its release.

Before you wipe we should check what firmware version you've got, so that we
can rule out that nasty bug that made me almost crazy.