Re: Fwd: [linux-l] Fwd: FSFE startet heute eine neue Kampagne: Public Money? Public Code!

Yeah, the FSF doesn't care about open source. To me, free software and open source are basically the same, but the FSF thinks there's some difference. Functionally, I think free software and open source software are the same. I'm pretty sure the difference is just the philosophy of the FSF and the OSI.

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 10:21 PM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> FSFE is the FSF (Free Software Foundation) Europe.
> This is an initiative about making sure that software developed with
> public money be made public, i.e. open sourced.

I think you mean "Open Source and Free Software".  After all, the FSFE
doesn't care about Open Source, as opposed to Free Software.

        Stefan