Re: Can't hibernate Toshiba laptop

Well... I'll try that if finally I can't solve the problem with a swap file, because I don't have much HDD space either :-(

Regards from Cuba.
LordFord.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017, Marvin Renich wrote:

You don't need to backup and reinstall.  Read the man page for mkswap;
you can create a swap file rather than a swap partition.  I.e.

# fallocate --length 12G /swap
# mkswap /swap

will create a 12GiB file, /swap, that can be used as a swap file.

 an other solution is to increase the swap partition size with a gparted dvd.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel