Re: Lenovo Y520 and Debian?

Bjorn, that looks promising if a bit complex.  I think I've got 256GB of SSD, but I suspect that's not enough for /Windows and / on Linux.

Josh, I think you're right.  Perhaps that's the way to go: Linux will be slower than it could be, but it may be easier.

What I don't know is if I can leave everything as it is, shrink the 1.8TB NTSF partition, and use the free space for /, /boot, and /home.

Is it safe to say that writing to the RAID partition writes to both the HDD and the SSD?  I'll have to find a description of that, too.

Thanks,

Bill

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Josh Blagden <jfblagden@gmail.com> wrote:
I thought I read something somewhere that said you can turn off RAID in the BIOS for the Y520. Or that might be for the Y720, though I'm pretty sure those two laptops are very similar, the only difference I can discern being the amount of VRAM for the GPU.

Josh Blagden

--
Bill Harris
http://makingsense.facilitatedsystems.com/