Re: XFCE - Search for Programs and Files

	> XFCE has the Application Finder - F2 by default. I don't think it finds
	> non-program files.

Thanks, Celajar. I haven't used XFCE - aside from an Xubuntu live CD
once - so, I'm glad to find out that there is a way to search for
programs. Though, I find it very intersting that the F2 key is used
because in GNOME and Windows 7, the F2 key is used for renaming files.
Can the F2 key be used for that too, or is there another key for that in
XFCE? If not, is it possible to rename files by left-clicking on the
file name, as you can on MacOS and Windows 7?

	> BTW, are you sure you want to discuss this on -laptop, rather than
	> -user?

I just wanted to get my question answered quickly. I didn't want to take
the time to subscribe to the debian-user mailing list. I subscribed
today, so I'm ready for next time.

	> I think you can use catfish to search files. It is a GUI
	> with find and locate behind the scenes. I myself prefer to use command
	> line, though.

	> To search for apps you can use xfce4-appfinder.

Okay. I was just looking for a quick way to search for an open programs
and files.

Thank you for your help,
                                         Josh