Re: XFCE - Search for Programs and Files

On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 09:37:33 -0400
Josh Blagden <jfblagden@gmail.com> wrote:

> 	> XFCE has the Application Finder - F2 by default. I don't think it finds
> 	> non-program files.
>
> Thanks, Celajar. I haven't used XFCE - aside from an Xubuntu live CD
> once - so, I'm glad to find out that there is a way to search for
> programs. Though, I find it very intersting that the F2 key is used
> because in GNOME and Windows 7, the F2 key is used for renaming files.
> Can the F2 key be used for that too, or is there another key for that in
> XFCE? If not, is it possible to rename files by left-clicking on the
> file name, as you can on MacOS and Windows 7?

1) I meant Alt-F2, not simply F2

2) XFCE has a file manager called Thunar - I don't use it, so I'm not
that familiar with it. I use Midnight Commander, in which the default
'move' (or 'rename')  keyboard shortcut is F6 (although I believe that
that can be changed).

> Thank you for your help,
>                                          Josh
>
> On 8/28/17 10:49 PM, Celejar wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 21:55:35 -0400
> > Josh Blagden <jfblagden@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> In GNOME, you can search for files and programs on the computer after
> >> you hit the Windows key. On MacOS, you can do that after you hit
> >> Command+Space. Is there anything like that in XFCE?
> > XFCE has the Application Finder - F2 by default. I don't think it finds
> > non-program files.

Celejar