Re: How to install firmware-linux-nonfree

FYI, the FSF has a list of wireless cards that will work. Though, specifically they have open-source firmware. The FSF refers to them as "hardware which Respects Your Freedom (RSF)". I'm not a big fan of the FSF (I prefer OSI), but that list is a start.

Also, Broadcom wireless cards often work in Linux. Cruise around Amazon and check for Broadcom wireless cards for laptops, and then check to see if they work in Linux. If they don't say, you can always ask using the question section on the page.