Re: Issues resuming from hibernation

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:12:11 AM CET Richard Waterbeek wrote:
> Do you have other strange things going on when the system comes back
> from hibernation or is it only the wireless connection that is being
> thrown out I wonder.

Hi Richard,

now wireless network works perfectly well after resuming from hibernate.
There's another thing though, that I wrote about in another branch of this
thread.

If the screen is off and then the system hibernates, when it resumes the
screen is switched off again, and there's no way to turn it on. When the
system starts resuming the screen is on, I can see boot messages, but at the
end of the resume process the screen is switched off.

The system is perfectly up and running, and I can ssh into it. From ssh I've
checked that, after resume, I have the following values in the three backlight
files brightness, actual_brightness, and bl_power:

$ cat /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness
1388
$ cat /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/actual_brightness
0
$ cat /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/bl_power
4

bl_power = 4 means the screen is off.

Trying the following command from ssh has no effect--it doesn't change the
value in bl_power, and the screen doesn't turn on:

$ xset -display :0 dpms force on

I get the issue everytime I hibernate with bl_power set to 4 (screen off).

I've sent a bug report, but I don't know whether it's the right place and it
will ever be considered:

Thanks & Regards,
  Davide