Re: Issues resuming from hibernation

On Friday, December 23, 2016 11:55:19 PM CET Richard Waterbeek wrote:
> You might want to consider, to not longer put the computer to
> hibernation, but to use suspend. This way, you will not have to store
> the memory state to harddisk, instead the RAM will stay on battery
> power.
> [...]
> This way, you can make sure, if the loss of network connectivity has to
> do with suspending RAM to harddisk, or not.

Hi Richard, and thanks for your feedback. Yes, I confirm the problem has indeed
to do with hibernation (suspending to disk). Since hibernation won't work
well, at the moment I regularly suspend to RAM, and everything works fine--also
Wi-Fi does.

> Suspending to RAM is safer bet, for a computer to being able to restore
everything.
> [...]
> I have my reasons to prefer suspending over hibernation.

I currently make do with suspend, however being my PC a laptop, I'd rather
also have the option to hibernate from time to time. This is why I'm looking
for a way to address the issues I have.

Thanks & Regards,
  Davide