Re: Issues resuming from hibernation

Hi solitone,

You might want to consider, to not longer put the computer to
hibernation, but to use suspend. This way, you will not have to store
the memory state to harddisk, instead the RAM will stay on battery
power.

This state [I have a PC], is ACPI and the command to put the computer
sleeping is 'systemctl suspend'.

This way, you can make sure, if the loss of network connectivity has to
do with suspending RAM to harddisk, or not.

My laptop can stay suspended this way for several days. I would not be
surprised the problems you have, will go away this way. [I write this
because I am not surprised that most users can put their computer to
hibernate, and some don't] Suspending to RAM is safer bet, for a
computer to being able to restore everything.

Since systemctl is from systemd, I suspect that the command I just
wrote, will work for you.

For the Wi-fi adapter, I recommend, if you didn't have so already, to
use Gnome networkmanager [installer is named 'network-manager'] See;
https://boundarydevices.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Screenshot-03032015-122125-PM2.png

If you really need to hibernate instead of suspending, I can't be of
much help. I have my reasons to prefer suspending over hibernation.
However, I would look in to 'pm-utils' which has;

/usr/sbin/pm-hibernate
/usr/sbin/pm-powersave
/usr/sbin/pm-suspend
/usr/sbin/pm-suspend-hybrid

If you already have 'pm-utils', which I'm not sure of, but for network
connections and suspending/ hibernating, different tools exist, so I
told this, to complete my answer to you issue.

Good luck.

--
Richard Waterbeek <richardwbb@versatel.nl>