Da : joscollin@gmail.com
Data : 04/02/2016 - 16:42 (CET)
A : debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Oggetto : Swap

Hello,

How much swap space does 4GB ram ideally requires ? I have been using the rule "RAM size x 2" for calculating the size of swap. But as the RAM sizes are bigger nowadays, is this a wrong calculation ? I mean, is it okay if I use 1 GB of swap space (or lesser) for a 4gb RAM ?

(I use to suspend my system everyday by pressing  alt+shutdown menu in gnome 3)

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Jos Collin