Re: Lenovo Yoga 300

Hallo,
* Gerard Bekhuis [Sun, Jan 03 2016, 02:27:59PM]:
> Bonjour Jean-Philippe.
>
> You don't need backports for debian jessie.
> For debian jessie you need the kernel 3.16

He might want to install broadcom-sta from backports (-source or -dkms
variant, doesn't matter) for better stability of the WLAN chip. It also
has support for kernel 4.3.2.

> >I'm testing a Lenovo Yoga 300. 1st, I need to use backports if I want to
> >have Jessie, at least kernel 4.3. Headers result a problem.
> >Examining /etc/kernel/header_postinst.d.
> >run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/header_postinst.d/dkms 4.3.0-0.bpo.1-amd64
> >Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 4.3.0-0.bpo.1-amd64

Latest kernel + packaged extra drivers from Debian Stable = bad idea

You might need more backports of those drivers. You might need to
backport them manually if they don't exist and you have the skills to do
that. For simple drivers (and I mean simple, not something like nvidia
source), you could also follow vendor's instructions to install them
that way (which may violate Debian standards and cause conflicts later,
but you probably will update the kernel when you upgrade Debian so I
wouldn't care right now).

Regards,
Eduard.

--
<weasel> for i in *; do if ( cat $i | grep -q hallo ); then echo $i; fi; done
/* einen Tag später */