Re: MacBook boot.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 07:18:30AM +0000, stefano gozzi wrote:
>    I think you'll need a jessie 64bit, that contains uefi bootable, i don't
>    think that a squeeze supports that (even a wheezy, i think). For any

I can confirm that.  I recently installed jessie on an ECS Liva that
uses UEFI.  I had found this before I did:

http://blog.einval.com/debian/CDs

It is less than a month old and the changes are for Jessie, which just
went stable.

I had to "force UEFI boot" in the jessie installer (not the default)
and create an EFI partition, separate from / and > 27MB (IIRC).
Before I did that, the system wouldn't boot from the SSD.

Can't comment on Apple HW as I won't go near it.