Re: Cant Boot into system

Arghya,

You don't need any sudo when the script is run by init, because it will be executed with system (root) authority.

Just make it one line

echo OFF > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch

and it should work.

That is, if "OFF" is correct here, and "vgaswitcheroo" really sounds a little weird to me too. (You didn't activate spelling auto completion, writing the script on your smartphone, no ?)

It's not immediately clear to me why your system hangs. Maybe the switch does not what you expect. You should disable or remove the script and do more checks, like booting into 'single' mode and do the thing and check if it makes a difference.

If you need to fix your system try to get the bootloaders (grub) commandline (press Esc or e, i can't quite remember) and add 'init=/bin/sh' to the linux kernel parameters. Then continue the boot (there is a short key helper at the bottom).

If you can't access grub because it's blocked then you need a boot DVD to get a commandline, like the installer disk or grml or something. Mount th partition on some arbitrary folder (like /mnt/mydisk) and repair, or better, remove the script.