Re: Now that I've installed 8.0.0...

On Mon, 11 May 2015, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> What do I do now to get the GUI?  It's the Acer Aspire E15 with the
> proprietary Atheros WiFi chip that neither 7.7 nor 7.8 would see, but
> 8.0 installed just fine from the "live" CD and then wireless; I could've
> sworn that 7 came up in the GUI afterwards.
>
> Hmmm...  It's even worse: no interfaces configured, no DNS...  Did I
> forget an installation step?

Problem solved; because I'd installed from the "live CD" I ended up with a
minimal system, and the network interfaces weren't even configured etc.

Using "CD 1" instead fixed the problem.

Now sorting out the non-free stuff...

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)   "Those who don't understand security will suffer."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)