Re: Debian on Acer Aspire E15

On Mon, 9 Mar 2015, Ross Gallup wrote:

> Admittedly I'm running Debian 7 (wheezy), but the here's the result of
> searching for firmware-atheros:

I'm running it too.

> It seems to be a valid package, but not that it's non-free.  You must
> have a line in /etc/apt/sources.list that includes non-free such as the
> following:
>
> deb http://ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu/linux/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
>
> non-free is the important part.  The actual mirror you use doesn't
> really matter.

root@debbie:/home/dave# grep non-free /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main non-free
root@debbie:/home/dave# apt-get install firmware-atheros
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package firmware-atheros

Hmmm...

root@debbie:/home/dave# apt-cache policy firmware-atheros
N: Unable to locate package firmware-atheros

OK, let's try your example...  Nope :-(

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)