From: Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
To: Debian Laptop Users <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, March 9, 2015 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: Debian on Acer Aspire E15

On Mon, 9 Mar 2015, Bob Proulx wrote:

> > 02:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9565
> > Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01) ... So it's an Atheros chip.
>
> Try installing the firmware-atheros package.
>
>  # apt-get install firmware-atheros

root@debbie:/home/dave# apt-get install firmware-atheros
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package firmware-atheros

Sorry to come across as dense, but Linux in general and Debian in
particular is new to me (but I have 40 years of Unix under my belt).

And yes, I have Internet connectivity :-)

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)