Re: No halt/poweroff on an EliteBook 840 G1 after upgrade

Florian,

Well, you can see it this way.  I'd rather seen a bit more sensibility in doing that 'big step' when it means so much damage.

> systemd is a big step for debian, but its not the cause for everything.

Yes, true.

Well, anyway, poweroff button stopped working for me too, on both my laptop and my PC, right after the systemd update switch. I did not like it and moved back to sysvinit, and suddenly poweroff worked again. But of course, it could be by case. So, my problem was rather that of 'good style'. Without any warning, or asking me for choice, my sophisticated custom init setup altogether with some hardware go screwed up, and that made me angry. I was not used to such a treatment from Debian, in all the years before, to the contrary, the updates used to ask me about every little thing.