Re: netbook hardware recommended for USB3.0 terabyte ZFS?

Hi,

On 09/30/14 14:37, Roman Czyborra wrote:
> 2014-09-30[Di]14:28 Roman Czyborra read that
> 2014-09-30[Di]14:22 David Edmondson wrote
> <[🔎] m2zjdh2t8v.fsf@fenchurch.hh.sledj.net>:
>> On Tue, Sep 30 2014, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
>>> if you like a homeserver on low budget, why not buy an rapsberry pi?
>> No SATA, only USB 2 and relatively weak CPU and network performance.
>
> Precisely, the speed limit kills it!
>
> Plus: For debugging I cannot connect my SVGA TFT lacking an HDMI.
>
> Last but not least loathing the bitcoin-unprotecting backdoors installed
> by the https://en.wikipedia.org/Government_Communications_Headquarters
> in the https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi#Binary_blob_needed_to_boot

and you really believe, that the firmware blob required to boot an
normal x86 machine is better?

here an other suggestion, normal pc hardware, cheap, built as fileserver.

https://geizhals.at/hp-proliant-microserver-n40l-658553-421-a688449.html
https://geizhals.at/eu/hp-proliant-microserver-n54l-704941-421-a878983.html

with usb 3, includes 1 disk

https://geizhals.at/de/hp-proliant-microserver-g8-724145-425-a986430.html