Re: debian wheezy does not support Atheros AR956x Wireless card‏

On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 01:07:02PM +0000, fanghua ye wrote:
> Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 13:07:02 +0000
> From: fanghua ye <fanghuaye@hotmail.com>
> To: Jan-Rens Reitsma <jan.rens.reitsma@gmail.com>
> CC: "debian-laptop@lists.debian.org" <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: RE: debian wheezy does not support Atheros AR956x Wireless card‏

> When I entered my correct password but after a while the error
> message I got is
>

> "The exchange of keys and association with the access point
>     failed. Please check the WPA/WPA2 parameters you provided." :(.
> I could download a additional Atheros driver, but without internet connection it could not be installed due to pakage dependency.
> In google I have more or less learned there is still something missing in installer, maybe it is a bug?
>
> Hopefully someone could consider this issue and I am looking much forward and waiting for new version released.

I encountered the same issue with jessie.
I contacted a maintainer about the wireless connection of the installer and
his reply was :

This is a known bug.
Thanks for mailing anyway...

I connected my laptop (old acer) with ethernet and the installer worked
fine except that the laptop didn't boot fine : grub said : error, file not found.
I reinstalled grub with a liveCD and now jessie works (fine ...) and the
wireless too. (not with the installer !)

hth
--
Gerard
* Created with  "mutt 1.5.21-6.2+deb7u2"  under Debian Linux WHEEZY version 7.6  *