Re: debian wheezy does not support Atheros AR956x Wireless card

Le Sat, 6 Sep 2014 20:14:09 +0000,
fanghua ye <fanghuaye@hotmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello all,
>
> since many days I am dealing with installing debian wheezy on Acer
> Aspire E1-532. First I tried the Net installer, sadly the Atheros
> AR956x wireless card was not detected :(. I guess a driver is needed
> and found compat-wireless-3.6.6-1-snpc.tar.bz2 which seems to include
> a proper driver for the wireless card. Then I installed wheezy with
> debian-7.6.0-i386-DVD-1.iso. Later I realized I could not nistall the
> driver, since there is no connect to internet. I could also not use
> "make", since only base system was installed and it is impossible to
> install build-essential pakage due to the dependences of pakages :(.
>
> Does any body have experinces on it and any suggestions?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice day!
>
> Fanghua Ye

Hi fanghua ye, had problem with network connection too since I also
could not install the non-free driver for my card, my solution is to
download the unofficial net-install or liveCD with non-free drivers.
you can find them here:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/

Hoping this will help you.

--