Re: indication on purchase laptop

> Along the way I have used a couple of the small ThinkPad X-series
> machines.  I didn't get along with the "scrunched" smaller keyboards
> in them.

This smaller keyboard was used until (and including) the X61.  But when
they moved to the widescreen format, the keyboard also got extra width,
so starting from the X200, the X series has been using standard size
keyboards.

I hate widescreen with a passion (which is why my workhorse laptop is
still my 4/3 14" T61), but I really like my X201s, where the extra width
is actually welcome (as a matter of fact, the X201s and the 4/3 14" T61
have pretty much the same width, which is the width of the keyboard).

        Stefan