Re: indication on purchase laptop

On May 06, 2014 at 02:05, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> > I want to buy a laptop but I want a laptop in which it is easy to change
> > the fan or change the thermal paste etc ... without the need to disassemble
> > everything.
>
> Traditionally, Thinkpads are considered reasonably well designed (and
> well documented) for maintenance.
>
> This said, the general rule nowadays is "older is better" because newer
> gizmos are designed as consumables (and because it's easier to make
> them one millimeter thinner if you can drop the requirement of easy
> maintenance).
>

>         Stefan

I will also vote for thinkpads.  Been a user of edge 330 with more or less
newer CPU Intel 3rd gen and vendor's HD 4000 video.  I switched to x220 with
Intel 2nd gen CPU and slightly slower video, honestly that does not bother me
at all.  Loved it since my fingers got keyboard.  Purchased a used one, no
regrets so far.  Do not see any nice comfortable laptops and I really doubt
there will be one trending.

Ivan.