Re: indication on purchase laptop

On 5/5/14, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> Traditionally, Thinkpads are considered reasonably well designed (and
> well documented) for maintenance.
>
> This said, the general rule nowadays is "older is better" because newer
> gizmos are designed as consumables (and because it's easier to make
> them one millimeter thinner if you can drop the requirement of easy
> maintenance).

I've got a secondhand Thinkpad T61. Had it about 6 months now. LOVE
it. It has taken several brutal, abrupt hits.... from the dogs running
by on the porch. *SO FAR* hasn't missed a beat. Your mileage may vary,
though... :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* I comment, therefore I am (procrastinating elsewhere) *