Touchscreen Ultrabooks running Debian?

I'm ready to replace my five-year-old netbook with something a bit peppier.
I'd like to run Debian on it if possible.

I use a smartphone a lot, and I find myself instinctively tapping the screen
with my fingers. If for no other reason, I'd like an ultrabook with a
touchscreen. Ideally a detachable or hideable keyboard (that is, a keyboard
that can fold behind the screen), but a touchscreen is on my "get this"
list.

None of the usual suspects (e.g Za Reason) seem to sell Linux-installed
systems that are what I want. For instance, something like the ASUS Zenbook
series running Linux:

http://zenbook.asus.com/zenbook/

I searched the archive of this list and found no messages concerning
touchscreens newer than 2011(!). Of course, the search on Debian mailing
lists is broken.

I also found this page:
http://www.debian.org/misc/laptops/

All it does is recommend this mailing list and a couple of old sites that
don't mention touchscreens.

Then there's this page:
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/asus.html

That doesn't mention the Zenbooks.

So: anyone have experience trying to install Debian on a Zenbook, or any
other touchscreen system? The Zenbook has nVidia graphics, which should be
compatible, along with standard ports and buses (e.g. USB 3, HDMI).

Should I just go with Ubuntu, which seems to go out of its way to support
touchscreens? (I tried Ubuntu a while back and didn't like it, but I like it
more than Windows ****ing 8!) Can anyone maybe recommend a better
touchscreen ultrabook, either with Debian pre-installed or a known quantity
for installing it?

Thanks.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com