Re: help diagnosing possible graphics issue with Thinkpad T61 Nvidia Quadro NVS140

> As a temporary stopgap, I've been able to get slow 2D graphics on my
> external monitor via the fbdev X11 driver.

fbdev does use the GPU memory but not the GPU itself, if i recall right. So maybe either the GPU chip is defect (or lose) or there was a change in driver or kernel (upgrade). Or the always unknown third possibility ;)

Anyway, i would at least screw it open and have a close look, maybe something simply got lose or some rubbish laying around.