Re: No sound on earphones after setting up HDMI

> I'd suggest checking alsamixer and/or gnome-alsamixer and make sure the
> appropriate jacks (on my system, "front") have not been muted.

I have Master, PCM, S/PDIF, S/PIDF Defa, S/PDIF 1, S/PDIF 2.

Master and PCM aren't muted (I hear sound from the speakers).
All those S/PDIF (which I have no idea what they are) are muted and I even if I unmute, I can't raise them from zero.

In Gnome panel they appear as checkboxes called IEC958, IEC958 Default PCM, IEC958 1 and IEC958 2 (I believe they're the same).

> you could also try to unload the HDMI sound module and load the intel
> sound module.
> #rmmod snd-hda-intel-hdmi
>
> #modprobe snd-hda-intel

Here it is:
root@motavia:/home/otto# rmmod snd-hda-intel-hdmi
ERROR: Module snd_hda_intel_hdmi does not exist in /proc/modules
root@motavia:/home/otto# modprobe snd-hda-intel
root@motavia:/home/otto#

Nothing changed.

One thing I noted is that the mute LED on the laptop is on (brighter than the others) and only gets off when I actually press it and mute. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't remember it being that way.