eeePC 1015b issues with initializing radeon and ethernet lockup

Hi,
1. I'm facing problem with Debian on my 1015b-c50, if I try to run newer kernel 3.0.* from repository it start to boot and after following message:
r600_cp: Failed to load firmware "radeon/PALM_pfp.bin"
[drm:evergreen_startup]  *ERROR* Failed to load firmware!
radeon 0000:00:01.0: disabling GPU acceleration

I've got colorful "snow" on the screen and once system loads GDM3 I see working cursor which represented as square represented drawn as colorful "snow". You can see how screen looks on following photo: http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/542/dsc66031.jpg

Such problem doesn't exist if I compile kernel myself but still have issues installing proprietary driver and with opensource, netbook running hot. Is there a way I can boot into console? The only way I found so far to install custom compiled kernel is rescue mode of installer.

2. The other problem is if I try to install or run "Squeeze", my ethernet card lockups and after some time whole system hang up, the only way to reboot is power key. It's happen with stable version of installer(installed OS have same problem), in same time Wifi works without issues. I also don't have problems if using testing images for installation.
What could cause such behavior?

Denis