Re: Mini-PCI WifiCard experience?

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> writes:
> Am 2011-01-19 13:28:44, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
>> You should read http://www.intellinuxwireless.org/?n=FAQ&s=license
>> before buying older Intel wireless cards.  The modern cards are better
>> in all ways, even wrt licensing.  Don't buy old junk just because you
>> can get it on eBay.
>
> Do you have read it yourself?

Yes.

> Some times ago I discused  some  problems
> regarding FCC and such using Open Source drivers on <debian-devel>.
>
> If you are professional you have to follow it.  Or  do  the  OSS  driver
> have an official authorization to use?
>
> It seems OSS Developers give a fuck on GSM/WaveLAN security.
>
> I have a license for the 5,8 GHz range with 8 channels du to my Alvarion
> BeezeACCESS VL (I am WaveLAN provider) and habe  problems  with  peoples
> manufacturing there own Wifi Transceivers.  I have to sue  them  because
> the disrupet my telecommunication system which is a violation of  german
> law and others.
>
> How can someone guarantie, the OSS driver are  working  and  confrom  to
> international law?

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking bout here.  A piece of
open source software neither can conform to, nor break, "international
law".

Totalitarian regimes do sometimes try to outlaw the exchange of
information they want to keep for themselves.  That's never goint to
become international law, though.  That's just the national law in some
countries not yet liberated.

Bjørn