Re: Mini-PCI WifiCard experience?

Hello Klistvud,

> If at all possible, do not go with non-free firmware binary blobs,

But if they are no one? or do not support a function required?

> even if provided in Debian-related repositories (in addition,
> non-free is not even Debian, strictly speaking -- it's just a
> "service provided to the Debian users"). Binary blobs can not be
> debugged/improved/enhanced by Linux developers and, as a result, may
> lead to unreliable operation, lock-ups, disconnects, unimplemented
> features, slower speeds, lower operating range, or all of the above.
> When that happens, the manufacturer WON'T help you, and the Linux
> developers CAN'T. So you'll be pretty much fscked. I know, I use a
> broadcom card with a proprietary driver and it's a living hell.
>
> Really. Go with a free driver if at all possible, you'll be happy
> you did.

I am Electronic Engineer and I use two a/b/g Chips.  One  is  a  Atheros
high performance transceiver (NDA required) and on is a Maxim  MAX2828 +
MAX2829

Also a Maxim GPS chip MAX2769 and a "Quadratur Transceiver"  for  a  GSM
Femto Station MAX2361.

No driver here and will never be, so I have to use the software provided
by the manufacturers, even if my Devices are designed to runwith Debian.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France EURL       itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de