Re: Ati drivers don't start on laptop

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 04:50:23PM +0200, Daniel wrote:
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:50:23 +0200
From: Daniel <asmosis.asterix@gmail.com>
To: Gérard Robin <g.robin3@free.fr>
Cc: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Ati drivers don't start on laptop

Ohh there is also an ati open source driver which I need to try. How do I
remove this proprietary drivers which I installed using debian wiki? I
really don't know.
I am not an expert and in this case I did:
sudo apt-get purge < all the fglrx packages ... >
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-ati xserver-xorg-video-r128 xserver-xorg-video-radeon my card is Radeon Xpress 200M not hd4330 perhaps you need xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd or other ??

you need to edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and if it contains one part for
fglrx-driver you need to comment it.

it's a boring job :(

hth
--