Re: why there is no sound output from the front audio pane

On 10/30/2010 05:04 PM, Joseph Manning wrote:
On Sat, October 30, 2010 01:58, Huasen wrote:

what a pity, it still does not work for me. when i start playing a mp3
file, it failed:

[ - - - ]

Maybe my system is a little different with you. Thanks all the same.
Dear Huasen,

    Actually, I remember now what my problem was -- the speakers
    were attached to a USB port, and the solution which I gave you
    was the magic spell which finally got the sound playing.

    So perhaps it was not applicable in your situation.

    I'm not an expert on Linux sound, so I'm afraid that I have no
    other suggestions -- except to keep on trying, keep on asking,
    I'm *sure* you'll get it working eventually.  Good Luck!

Joseph

Joseph Manning / Computer Science / UCC Cork Ireland / manning@cs.ucc.ie
Thanks all the same. Yes, we had two different problem. My frond audio panel is mother-board built in, so its noo reason without sound. right? I follow the wiki document of installing alsa(yes, its no need for reinstallation, i just skip the installing steps) and run modprobe snd-seq-oss get a error:
FATAL: Module snd_seq_oss not found.
I don't know what that and googled got nothing.