Re: why there is no sound output from the front audio pane

Dne, 04. 11. 2010 02:56:56 je Huasen napisal(a):

Thanks all the same. Yes, we had two different problem. My frond audio panel is mother-board built in, so its noo reason without sound. right? I follow the wiki document of installing alsa(yes, its no need for reinstallation, i just skip the installing steps) and run modprobe snd-seq-oss get a error:
FATAL: Module snd_seq_oss not found.
I don't know what that and googled got nothing.

Have you made sure the front audio panel is actually connected to the motherboard audio headers? If this laptop has been serviced before, they may well have forgotten to re-attach the cables (happened to me with the mic cable once). Does the front audio panel work when you start the machine with a live CD, such as Ubuntu 10.4 or the newest Fedora/OpenSuSE/whatever?

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.