Re: Upgrading Lenny to Squeeze

I had the same problem. The problem was "udev" refused to install
because the kernel didn't match. And then everything else break, mostly
xorg because he needed a new udev. Or something like that.

I solved the problem that i just installed the new squeeze linux kernel
(2.6.32), reboot and then restart aptitude.

With a normal "aptitude install linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64" or whatever
kernel you use, it should only install the kernel.

After new linux image installation and reboot, upgrading to squeeze
works just fine without an error.