Re: Squeeze - Can't connect to wireless router

> do you have firmware-iwlwifi installed?

Yeah.

Sorry, Dirk, I couldn't test yet what you suggested. Tonight I'll see if that makes any difference and I'll also paste here my /etc/network/interfaces.

2010/6/15 Dirk Linnerkamp <dirk_linnerkamp@vodafone.de>
Hi Otto,

Am Montag, den 14.06.2010, 22:40 -0300 schrieb Otto:
> Hi, I installed Squeeze yesterday and did a aptitude full-upgrade, but
> I can't connect to my wifi router.
> The card is a Intel 3945ABG, which used to work fine in Lenny.

> It's weird I can see the router with iwlist scanning but can't
> connect.
> I also tried without WPA, using iwconfig wlan0 essid linux and still
> couldn't get the AP associated.
>

> Any suggestions?

...those things mostly happen whef your wireless configuration isn't
correct., for example the wrong "pair-wise" or  "group" parameter .Then
you get connected but immediately are disconnected again.

But before changing something:

When you run your command "wpa_supplicant" with the -c option you should
give it the full path-lenght as a parameter, for example:

 => "wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf"
or whereever your config file is located. Put this also into your
"/etc/network/interfaces" to the wlan0 interface block if you are not
using network-manager or wicd as i presume.

Try this first.

Best regards
Dirk