Not resuming from hibernation; doing normal reboot instead

Hi all,

I have a recent install of Squeeze on my HP Pavilion dv5 laptop and hibernate is not working for me.

The system does a normal hibernation but upon starting the machine, it does a normal boot seemingly ignoring the resume image. The effects of hibernation seem to limit to disk checks during boot (instead of resuming from hibernation) and disabled networking in Gnome. Any ideas?

Let me add that I chose LVM when I was setting up partitions. Is this possible that the resume image is not seen because the swap partition might be unavailable?

Thanks for your help.

Nima