wireless connection issues

Hi guys,

I'm having some headaches with our WLAN. We're going online with 2 laptops, that means we try. We do have the following setup:

The router is a Speedport W 303V and we do have the folloeing laptops:
Asus M6N, Intel ipw2100 driver, Debian/sid with wicd
Acer Aspire 5680, Atheros AR2413 with the ath5k driver, Ubuntu 8.10 with network manager

When my wife is online with her Acer/Ubuntu system I cannot connect with my Asus/Debian machine. The wireless network is detected but I do not get an IP address.This is from the wicd.log file:
No DHCPOFFERS received.
No working leases in persistent database - sleeping.
DHCP connection failed
exiting connection thread
Sending connection attempt result dhcp_failed

It does work the other way round though!

Any ideas on where to look?

THX Frank