Re: Battery monitor tools?

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 12:20, Dirk Linnerkamp <dirk_linnerkamp@vodafone.de> wrote:
Hi Simon,

Am Dienstag, den 20.04.2010, 00:40 +0200 schrieb Simon Chen:

> So, is this just because i choosed a unsuitable tool? Or it has any
> other reason. In the comparison mentioned above, I was doing some file
> work and/or running emacs

...i'm using laptop-mode-tools as an additionally tool to control my
battery power and i would say that it gave me just a bit more time on
battery. You have a  lot of configuration files for controlling
autostart programs and your hardware i.e. cpu, disks,wireless etc.

But you never wil get the same time span as you reache with your windows
OS

In my humble opinion, this statement holds true if you keep the "original" Windows that came with your laptop.  Usually this Windows is slighly modified or has a special power manager or management options made by the laptop manufacturer, specially tailored for the laptop model.  I wish they would also make available similar configurations for non-Windows OS (for example, as configuration files/scripts for laptop-mode-tools or others)

Best Regards,

--
Jonás Andradas