Re: How to turn the screen off, while working in console

Krzysztof Walkiewicz wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem: lately i work just in console (to do my job I do not need to run the X, and this is quite old laptop), but I cannot figure out, how to turn the screen off (lets say after 5 minutes without touching the keyboard).
Does anybody have an idea, how to do that?

Chrir

Some BIOSes allow you to do that, AFAIK. Other than that, I remember an option in NetBSD's /etc/rc.conf (different startup system compared to Linux) which allows one to do that. There must also be a way to accomplish this in a SysV-based machine.