Re: Only wireless, no eth0

Harvey Kelly wrote:
> Geoff Simmons wrote:
> > This is a known issue with NetworkManager in Squeeze.
> > See http://wiki.debian.org/NetworkManager#NetworkManagerinSqueeze

Ah...  Now all is clear.  Thanks for that.

> The page also said: "Comment the relevant lines in
> /etc/network/interfaces to restore the behavior experienced in
> Lenny."  With no details as to what comments to add... does anyone
> have a Lenny .conf to tell me what?  Sorry for seeming like such an
> idiot...

In /etc/network/interfaces you have these two lines.

  allow-hotplug eth0
  iface eth0 inet dhcp

Comment those two out.  Or delete them entirely.  Those are the lines
being refered to that refer to the network device.

> I did as the wiki page said, set managed=true in nm-system-settings.conf

Since that was an *OR* then I would restore the settings in that file
to try that configuration.

Bob