Re: Lenny. How to add WPA encryption to installer?

On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 18:10 -0500, Daryl Styrk wrote:
> Mark Goldshtein wrote:
> >

> > Yes, think so. Seems to be strange a bit. Isn't WPA (or WPA2) a widely
> > used encryption method?
> >
> It's all I have ever used.

That's reasonable.

> I hope to see WPA supported in the near future.

The problem is that WPA requires a daemon (wpasupplicant), which pulls
quite a few dependencies... I seems that Lenny+1 Installer may support
WPA.

> For the time being I've been fortunate enough to have a laptop near by
> I use a crossover cable to feed the net installs.

Assuming you have downloaded the appropriate media[1], you don't need
network connectivity during installation.

[1] I personally recommend using DVD-1 for offline installation.