Re: [OT] Sidux, New HP AMD/ATI dv4 Pavilion - sound, fan, ...

s. keeling wrote:
No, I've gkrellm displaying graphs of each core.  Flash videos spike
both to 100%, and xscreensaver ramps up there too.

Sorry I did not explain clearly. Powersaved will actually scale the processor speed back. So when under light load the CPU speed drops to 800mhz say. And kpowersave will show this. Similarly Your fans will come on and off as needed.

My Turion easily goes to 60C under load. I seem to recall the amd website allows them to go up to 90C (YMMV)...just don't use on your lap.

Berni