Re: pcmcia wifi card not recognised

At Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:01:04 +1100,
Geoff Simmons wrote:

[...]
> There are two EW-7108PCg variants, run "lspci -nn" and examine its output to
> determine yours.  If "1814:0201" is shown, it's a RT2500.  If "1814:0301" is
> shown, it's a RT2501/RT2561, which is supported by other drivers
> (rt61/rt61pci).

[...]

Thanks very much, you hit the nail on the head. With this kernel my
card is recognised. Now I can't seem to configure in...network-admin
doesn't work because it seems to think the card's using WEP, when it's
WPA Personal 1/2. I've installed wpasupplicant and edited
/etc/network/interfaces like this:

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid home
wpa-psk passphrase withaspaceinit
wpa-driver wext

auto wlan0

but I get "No DHCPOFFERS received". I thought perhaps the space in the passphrase
might be the problem and put quotes around it, which didn't help.

Jim