Re: Touchpad middle-click

tir, 15 09 2009 kl. 02:17 +0300, skrev John Kapnogiannis:
> Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> On my Acer Aspire (AS5536), there is no way to simulate a middle-click by
> >> pressing both the right and left mouse key. But I badly need this middle-
> >> click to paste in the x-selections.
> >
> > Assuming your Acer has a touchpad, you should be able to to configure
> > the `synaptics' X11 driver to accept a "tap in top-right corner" as
> > a middle click.
> >

> >         Stefan
> >

> Hey I think the driver for the synaptics touchpad was removed from
> testing yesterday :o. Right now my touchpad doesn't work as it should(No
> scrolling and tapping). Maybe removing the driver in testing (cause
> there was no version in unstable to migrate) was a mistake??
I hit the same thing yesterday, i didn't know the synaptics driver was
removed - but that would certainly explain the problem.

I did this to fix it, restart X and hal afterwards:
http://www.felipe-alfaro.org/blog/2008/10/11/scrolling-with-the-thinkpads-trackpoint-in-ubuntu-810-intrepid/

--
Rasmus Toftdahl Olesen <halfdan@halfdans.net>
halfdans.net