Re: Warning !!!! HP Pavillon

thank you for your suggestion but I must remind that the device BCM4312
802.11b/g was working perfectly well under Lenny and Vista as well.

The problem is with HP laptop itself, as you may confirm at the HP site
itself below.
The device not only stop working but it desapear as never have been there
before; as if it was missing.
As time goes on other problems show and at last the notebook stop working.
I hope your dv43xx remains free of problems :))

Mac

> Samuel Jose Pereira Carneiro Macdowell <macdowell.smd@dpf.gov.br>:
>>  I have an HP pavillon tx1420us bought less than one year ago.
>>  It does not detect wireless networks and the wireless adapter is not
detected in the Device Manager and at last didn't boot at all. When I
lost the wifi I searched the internet and found out that this problem
is commom to a lot of HP lap-top and is a bad project issue. The worst
note is that HP, at least, in Brasil tells you to look for
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

(*)    http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html      Linux Counter #80292 - -
   http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html    Please, don't Cc: me.