Keyboard and touchpad not working on FS Amilo Pa 3553

Hi

I'm running Debian Lenny on Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pa 3553 notebook.
The problem is that after starting the system, my keyboard and
touchpad simply don't work, I have to plug in external USB keyboard
and mouse (these work with no problem). This does not happen always
(after some boots, keyboard and touchpad do work, although this is
rare), and I haven't been able to determine the cause. My xorg.conf is
unmodified since installation (pasted below). Could anyone give some
advice how to diagnose and solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
Ivan Sutoris

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"