Re: NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS?

Thanks John for the good news.  You mean compiz also runs without problems?  Have you used the free drivers or the non-free NVIDIA drivers?

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:27 AM, <jwesleycooper@cox.net> wrote:
On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Nima Azarbayjany wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am planning to buy a new HP notebook.  The model that has caught my eyes
> comes with an "NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS" graphics card.  Can any one tell me
> how well is this graphics card supported under Lenny?  Is it possible to
> have compiz running on this graphics card?  I did some search on this but I
> am really confused.  Some say yes and some say no.
>
> Thanks,
> Nima

Good news Nima, I happen to have an HP amd64 notebook with the same graphics card, and my display works perfectly with Lenny v 5.0.0 (stable).  So you probably won't have any issues either!

~John Wesley Cooper