Re: NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS?

Nima Azarbayjany <my.informal.conversations@gmail.com> writes:

> I am planning to buy a new HP notebook.? The model that has caught my
> eyes comes with an "NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS" graphics card.? Can any
> one tell me how well is this graphics card supported under Lenny??

Poorly, if you want 3D support, as it will require the binary-only
NVIDIA driver.  Fairly poorly, also, for 2D-only with the free NV
driver.

In general an NVIDIA video chipset is not a great idea.

> Is it possible to have compiz running on this graphics card?? I did
> some search on this but I am really confused.? Some say yes and some
> say no.

That would be because it depends significantly on your willingness to
run the non-free NVIDIA drivers.

Regards,
        Daniel