Re: ALSA mixer values

Hello Haines,

There are some other laptops/harwdare which let you activate both the Speakers and the Headphones at the same time, since it's a software configuration.  The ones I've seen show the same behaviour you state under Windows, but when under Linux, plugging in the Headphone jack does not mute the laptop speakers.  On other hardware, such as my laptop, when the headphone jack is detected, the speaker output is muted automatically (there is no "Front" or similar Alsamixer value to tweak).

Best Regards,
Jonás Andradas

Skype: jontux
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/andradas
GPG Fingerprint: 5A90 3319 48BC E0DC 17D9
130B B5E2 9AFD 7649 30D5
Keyservers: wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net | pgp.rediris.es

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 21:20, Sebastian Günther <samson@guenther-roetgen.de> wrote:
* Haines Brown (brownh@hartford-hwp.com) [27.08.08 20:07]:
> Sorry to follow up on myself, but I discovered that when an external
> device plugged into the headphone jack, it disables the laptop
> internal speaker.
>
> Is there any way to enable both at the same time? Or do I have to rig
> a little external speaker using a "Y" adapter?

No, since this is a hardware feature of any thinkpad. And yes, the Y way
is your solution.

HTH
Sebastian

--
 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. "      Karl Marx

 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER         mailto:samson@guenther-roetgen.de