Re: Can't hibernate my HP 6715b

Laurent Guignard wrote:
> Andreas Richter a écrit :
> > schrieb Ji ZhengYu:
> >> As you have 4G memory, maybe change kernel to another which have
> >> `bigmem' support is a good idea, and you will try this if it doesn't work
> >> after doing above.

This shouldn't be needed for 4G of ram.  That would be needed for >4G
of ram.  But at 4G I think everything should be okay.

> > When I take 2Gig of RAM out of my computer, the hibernate process
> > works fine.

Do you have enough swap space configured to save a 4G memory image?
If it works with 2G then I suspect that it is failing with 4G because
there isn't enough swap to save the image.

To get to 4G all that is needed is CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y and that is the
default in stock Debian kernels.

> > Where can i find a "bigmem"-kernel in debian? Must i compile this
> > kernel by myself?
>
> You have just to run this command :
> aptitude search bigmem | grep linux-image

Or use apt:

  apt-cache search linux-image bigmem

Bob